Fenn engineers and manufactures a complete line of precision Rolling Mills for ferrous, non-ferrous, alloy and exotic metals as well as the growing field of engineered materials, in sheet, strip, wire or rod.
Fenn Rolling mills are available in both 2Hi and 4Hi roll configurations, and mills may be either work roll driven, back-up roll driven, or a combination of both. On the small end of the spectrum, 4Hi mills with work rolls are offered as small as .500" (12.7mm) in diameter. On the other end of the spectrum, 2Hi mills are offered with rolls as large as a 16" (400mm) in diameter. Custom mills are Fenn's specialty, and we invite you to contact us with inquiries regarding mills of any size using the form at right or by emailing us at email@example.com.
EXAMPLES OF TYPICAL APPLICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Breakdown rolling either straight lengths or coil to coil
- Finish rolling to close toleranced thin gauge
- Powder Metallurgy Rolling
- Bonding dissimilar metals together
- Camber correction of BI-metal strip after Electron-beam welding
A VARIETY OF MILL TYPES OFFERED BY FENN INCLUDE:
- Two High- Generally used for hot or cold breakdown, rundown and finishing of bar, sheet or strip. A wide range of sizes with separating force capacities from 10,000 lbs to over 3,000,000 lbs are available.
- Four High- For finish rolling of extremely thin gage stock, heavy reductions on nominally thin gage material and precision tolerances. Six-High roll inserts are also available for narrow width ribbon and foil products.
- Combination- A versatile "two-in-one" type that permits both two-high and four-high rolling in a single mill.
- Tandem- For multiple pass rolling combining two or more mill stands, often used with Fenn Turks Heads, Edgers, Dancers, Inter-Stand Tensiometers, Payoff and Take-up equipment.
- Laboratory- Specially engineered to meet the critical and versatile requirements of metallurgists and scientists in the research and university fields as well as pilot line development.
- Vertical- Designed for the field of powdered metallurgy, plastics and battery industries. Also available in a combination horizontal/vertical mill where one mill serves both purposes.
- Three High- A desirable type of mill for rod and ingot breakdown where economy of time is essential.
- Special- Custom designed to meet the unique rolling requirements of today's demanding growth industries.
- Accessories- A complete offering of material handling, processing, guaging and labor saving accessories are available for all Fenn Rolling Mills, including laboratory models.
With our strip rolling expertise and design flexibility we can manufacture the most economical mill to meet your application's needs. Fenn welcomes the opportunity to serve you!
In 2009 we decided to purchase our first ‘Z’ CNC Coiler. The efficiencies gained by reduced setup time, increased throughput, and significantly reduced scrap rate while holding extremely tight tolerances was immediately realized through a complete statistical analysis. The machine paid for itself within months. Success with our first Torin ‘Z’ CNC led Springfield Spring to purchase another ‘Z’ CNC coiler, followed by three more of the latest model, the Torin FZ Series. Our five newest Torin spring coilers replaced all of our mechanicals, freeing up substantial space for new business endeavors. Fenn not only produces a top-notch machine but their sales, service, applications, and technical professionals are second to none. Fenn acts and responds like a business partner, not your traditional machine ‘dealer’.
Trusted Fenn for Decades
Ulbrich has trusted Fenn wire flattening and shaping lines for several decades to produce the highest quality shaped and flatwire available. Fenn's experienced staff has provided the process knowledge required to select, design and build machines to suit specific applications. Fenn machinery has always proven very reliable, consistently satisfying our critical tolerances and specifications. At Ulbrich, we pride ourselves on offerings superior products for over 90 years, and trust Fenn machinery to get the job done.
High Quality Machines & Excellent Service
We use FENN as the supplier of Wire Flattening & Shaping Line for our wedge wire (Screen Wire) production because of their experience in producing similar equipment and their top notch reputation in the industry. FENN’s engineers and metallurgy experts worked closely with our team in all aspects of the project – from examining and understanding our material specifications to machine design, trial run at their works prior to shipment, and finally Start Up, Commissioning & Training of our operators at our factory in India. We are very pleased that FENN ensured that all of our requirements were met, and that the machine functioned with precision, quality and reliability. I would highly recommend FENN for any company looking for a high quality machine supported by excellent customer service and metal forming process expertise.