Winamac Coil Spring, Inc.
Purchases New R-24 Dual Point Spring Coiler
Download the study here: Torin Spring Coiler: R-24 Dual Point Coiler
Objectives & Background:
- A repeat customer approached FENN looking for a solution to increase spring production with the purchase of a new machine.
- To meet production quotas, the customer decided to purchase a second, 24-sized dual point spring coiler to add to their production.
- The customer required a dual point coiler with wire range capabilities from .250 - .625 inches.
- FENN refined the design of a previous R-24 dual point to fit a smaller footprint and provide cost-savings to the customer.
- With the customer’s production requirements in mind, FENN designed a machine capable of producing several different types of compression springs with varying wire diameters.
- For maximum productivity and minimum changeover time, FENN designed this coiler with 7 servo motor axes.
- The latest Torin software was implemented into a new 19-inch touch screen display.
Value to Customer:
- The customer received a new Revolution Series Torin Dual Point Spring coiler, complete with a two-year machine warranty.
- The machine increased customer’s productivity.
- The new Torin coiler comes complete with FENN’s multiple grooved wire line tooling and a moveable feed roll box with storable position.
- Wire size changes do not require wire line tooling changes, which reduces set-up time.
- Also included is moveable cut block and arbor with storable positions.
- The Revolution Series software and control system with touchscreen controls are state-of-the-art technology but still utilize familiar Torin CNC spring programming – making training easy for current Torin operators.
- The coiler comes complete with remote access via internet for immediate machine support & diagnostics from FENN.
- The Torin R-24 coiler has left-hand and right-hand coiling capabilities.
Example of a Torin R-24 Spring Coiler: