Rolling Mills Machinery
For any application up to 3.3 million lbs. (1500 MT) separating force
Different configurations available for maximum efficiency
FENN engineers and manufactures a complete line of precision rolling mills machines, offering. a wide range of standard and custom rolling mills for a variety of applications. These rolling mill applications include heavy ingot breakdown, laboratory research, coil to coil rolling and precision strip.
Our rolling mills are available in both 2Hi and 4Hi roll configurations. Mills may be either work roll driven, back-up roll driven, or a combination of both. Custom rolling mill machines are FENN’s specialty, and we invite you to contact us with inquiries regarding sizing and configuration!
- 4HI mills with work rolls are offered as small as .500″ (12.7 mm) in diameter.
- 2HI mills are offered with rolls up to 16″ (400 mm) in diameter.
Designed and built to your production requirements
FENN Rolling Mills are engineered to meet the critical requirements of metallurgical research and applications up to 3.3 million lbs. (1500 MT) separating force. FENN designs and builds rolling mills available with a complete offering of material handling options, processing, gauging, and labor-saving accessories. FENN offers customizable rolling mills for the processing of ferrous, non-ferrous, alloy, exotic, and engineered metals for production and laboratory applications.
CUSTOM DESIGNS FOR EVERY INDUSTRY & APPLICATION
FENN offers hot and cold milling machinery as well as combination mills that can accommodate both hot and cold rolling applications. Hot rolling is a process in which metal heats above the recrystallization temperature, allowing the material to deform on a microscopic level and take its new shape. Cold rolling is when the process is conducted at room temperature and does not require heating the metal. Learn more about the difference between hot and cold rolling mills.
|Typical Materials||Type of Mills||Applications|
|Steel||Superconducting||Research Bonding||Rod||Material Research|
|Platinum||Non-Ferrous||Cold Rolling||Renewable Energy/Military|
Unusual application? No Problem!
We have experience with a variety of applications. A few examples of how our customers have used FENN rolling mills:
- Breakdown rolling either straight lengths or coil to coil
- Finish rolling for tight tolerance thing gauge stock
- Powder metallurgy rolling
- Bonding dissimilar metals together
- Laboratory mills used for research and development (R&D)
- Camber correction of BI-metal strip after electron-beam welding
- Grooved rolls for rod rolling of square or circular sections
- Embossed rolls for pattern rolling
SUITED FOR YOUR MOST DEMANDING PRODUCTION NEEDS
FENN offers a full range of mill types for the production of precision strips in straight lengths or coil to coil rolling.
1 – Two-High
2 – Three-High
3 – Four-High
4 – Combination
5 – Tandem
6 – Horizontal
7 – Laboratory
8 – Mill with Winders
- Two-High: Generally, a 2-HI mill is used for hot or cold breakdown and finishing of bar, sheet or strip. A wide range of sizes with separating force capacities from 10,000 lbs. (4.53 MT) to over 3,000,000 lbs. (1360 MT) are available.
- Three-High: A 3-HI mill is an economic milling solution for the breakdown of rod and ingot.
- Four-High: A 4-HI mill may be used for finish rolling of thin gauge stock. 6-HI roll inserts are also available for narrow width ribbon and foil products.
- Combination: A combination rolling mill is a versatile “two-in-one” type of metal rolling mill that permits both 2-HI and 4-HI rolling operations.
- Tandem: Tandem rolling mills are used for multiple pass rolling, combining two or more mill stands. Tandem mills are often used with turks heads, edgers, dancers, inter-stand tensiometers, payoff and take-up equipment.
- Horizontal: This type of a rolling mill is designed for the field of powered metallurgy, plastics and battery industries.
- Laboratory: FENN designs custom, specialized mills engineered to meet the critical requirements of metallurgists and scientists in research and university fields, as well as pilot line development.
- Mill with Winders: A mill set up with winders on either side allows for the rolling of continuous coil for sheet or thin foil.
Accessories: A complete offering of material handling, processing, gauging and labor-saving accessories are available for all FENN Rolling Mills, including laboratory models.
FROM OUR ENGINEERS TO YOUR RESEARCH FACILITY
For research and development (R&D) applications, FENN manufactures laboratory rolling mills equipped with Statistical Process Controls (SPC) to track and record “real time” data. R&D projects may require the testing of multiple materials. Laboratory rolling mills are designed to accommodate a variety of materials for testing and manipulation. The precision strip mills FENN engineers are designed to meet the critical requirements of metallurgical research. With separating force capabilities from 30,000 lbs. (13.6 MT) to 1,175,000 lbs. (533 MT), our mills have received wide acceptance in laboratories, where precision, flexibility, and compactness are important. Our trusted engineers are prepared to work with research facilities, colleges, and universities to provide a customized mill suited to their unique requirements.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WITH A STANDARD ROLLING MILL
At FENN, every rolling mill is designed and manufactured with features to maximize uptime and increase production quantities. Typical standard features of FENN’s rolling mills can include:
- Automatic gauge control
- Data acquisition system
- Automatic pass scheduling
- Asymmetric rolling
- Motorized conveyor tables
- Built-in roll change rig
- Driveshaft support system
- Interlock safety guarding
Our staff of experts collaborate with customers to create customized rolling mill machines for unique requirements. Mills are produced in a variety of sizes, ranging from a roll size of 3” (76 mm) in diameter to a roll size of 30” (762 mm) in diameter. A range of available screw-down options include mechanical, electro-mechanical, and servo-hydraulic.
CUSTOM FOR YOUR SPECIFICATIONS
Rolling mill accessories for wire flattening and shaping can be incorporated into the milling operation. Accessory options can help reduce labor costs while increasing a business’ production quantity, quality, and profit. There are many optional rolling mill accessories that can help with wire flattening and shaping.
With our rolling mill machine manufacturing expertise and design flexibility, we can build and create the economical rolling mill equipment to meet your business needs. FENN welcomes the opportunity to serve you!
Supporting your industry, streamlining your process, maximizing your productivity
A United States-based company, FENN offers swaging machine solutions for industries across the globe. From the manufacturing of state-of-the-art machines to installation, maintenance, and upgrades, we provide customers with unparalleled customer service from start to finish. Our team of engineers delivers professional metal forming solutions to address a variety of business initiatives that center around the formation of custom metal parts. We can help you take your business to the next level by working closely with your research and development department to manufacture all new equipment or to retrofit and update your existing FENN metal forming equipment to better meet the ever-changing needs of your business.
Anti-tank rocket tips, gun barrels, MS-spec fitting swaged onto cables
Wire role flight control cable assemblies, control rods, fluid transfer tubing
Superconducting material, zirconium rod and cartridge heaters
Catheter band assemblies, hypodermic needles, optical instruments
Drive shafts, axels, emergency brake cables assemblies, optical instruments
Development related to improving grain structure and finish
Spares from the OEM!
FENN understands that uptime is key to your business’ productivity and profitability. We offer a full range of spare parts available for both FENN and Torin metal forming machines. With an extensive inventory, FENN can offer a wide array of parts shipped to your door. Our knowledgeable staff will help to ensure you receive the necessary parts to keep your equipment running efficiently with minimal downtime. Using FENN spare parts is an essential aspect that can help maximize your machine’s efficiency. Don’t know exactly what you need? Our experienced staff will take the time to work with you to understand your unique requirements.
Upgrade Program for Your Aging Machinery
FENN machinery upholds a legacy of quality, reliable and long-lasting machinery. FENN has developed an upgrade program for upgrading, rebuilding, or retrofitting your existing FENN equipment. Customers can maximize their machine productivity for aging equipment and extend the machine’s usable life.
We’re Here For You – Training, Support & Service
As a century old company, we are proud of the equipment we design and build, always ensuring it meets your production requirements. We offer comprehensive training programs that can be tailored to meet your business’ needs. Whether you have purchased a new metal forming machine, upgraded existing equipment or your experienced staff is retiring, FENN is available to answer questions and offer training to keep your business productive. Let us know how we can help!