NEW INNOVATIONS FROM TORIN:
- Spring Portal allows for secure connection to your machine by FENN technicans.
- Torin Technicians can remotely access your machine to provide software updates, diagnostic support and access machine set up conditions.
- The real time video feature allows technicians to see what's happening on your machine and help you resolve issues quickly.
- This camera gauge has the capability to measure and adjust the spring’s free length, pitch and diameter in real-time without additional interaction from the operator beyond entering tolerance values at set-up.
- This allows for the coiler to self-adjust, via closed loop control, for any changes that may have occurred with the material, the tooling or the environment.
- Torin’s Spring Shortcut spring program generator accelerates the spring program development process by allowing the operator to enter a few key characteristics to generate the program.
- This program allows less experienced spring operators the opportunity to learn through making minor adjustments to generated programs rather than developing the entire program.
- Shortened setup enables more time for profitable production runs
Torin is proud to continue a 'Made in America' legacy, with every spring coiler being designed and built in our East Berlin, Connecticut headquarters. For decades, Torin has long been recognized as the premiere spring coiler brand. In 2003, FENN acquired the Torin brand from BHS-Torin, and continues the legacy of producing high quality machinery made in the USA. Now under the leadership of BHS Torin veteran Ryan Cutter, FENN continues to invest in developing the highest quality machines available on the market. With three new features added to the FZ series in 2016, read below to learn more about these new innovations recently added to the Torin line:
NEW FZ SERIES
Our Most Accurate, Fastest Spring Coiler Ever is Here: The Torin FZ Series
Adaptability is key in today’s competitive market. Each Torin® FZ Series Spring Coiler is developed for fast set-up and changeover of springs using the powerful 19 inch touch screen interface. Torin Spring Coilers can quickly produce a wide variety of springs and wire forms on a single machine, all with uncompromised accuracy, repeatability and flexibility. Torin allows you to meet a variety of production requirements and helps keep your business competitive!
Simplified State of the Art Controls
- Torin FZ Series features user-friendly operator interface with a modern graphical design and intuitive touch screen.
- Fast & simple spring program creation
- Multiple languages available
- FENN’s advanced technology adds all the high tech features that add efficiency to your operation, paired with classic Torin CNC Spring programming
Many Springs, One Machine
- Coilers available for wire diameter ranging .003” - .750”
- Wire Forms
- Constant Force
- Shaped Wire
Torin is pleased to offer a long list of standard features available on every FZ Series spring coiler, including:
- NEW Spring Portal allows for secure connection to your machine by FENN technicians. Technicians are able to remotely access your machine to provide software updates, diagnostic support and access machine set-up conditions. Our real time video feature allows our technicians to see exactly what's happening with your machine and help you resolve issues quickly.
- NEW Spring Shortcut spring program generator
- Accelerates the spring program development process by allowing the operator to enter a few key characteristics to generate a spring program
- Allows less experienced spring operators the opportunity to learn through making minor adjustments to generated programs rather than developing the entire program
- Shortened setup enables more time for profitable production runs
- Ergonomic pendant style operator interface with 19 inch touch screen display
- User-friendly operator interface: Torin’s latest software combines many high tech features paired with our classic CNC style programming, making training easy for current Torin operators
- Ergonomic remote hand wheel for easy setup
- Complete system diagnostics accessible through user interface
- Spring jog mode allows operator to step through the program; highlighting each operation on the CAMS screen
- High speed, high accuracy, tight index spring production
- User interface is available in multiple languages to accommodate a diverse workforce
- Torin’s industry leading 2 year warranty
- Heavy duty construction of the machine continues Torin’s tradition of robust American quality capable of meeting your production demands for decades
A selection of optional features are available to meet the diverse requirements of the spring making industry. Optional features include:
- NEW Spring Vision- utilizing advanced image processing, Spring Vision has the capability to measure and adjust the spring’s free length, pitch and diameter in real-time without additional interaction from the operator beyond entering tolerance values at set-up. This allows for the coiler to self-adjust, via closed loop control, for any changes that may have occurred with the material, the tooling or the environment. All measurements as well as the captured spring image are displayed on the HMI along with Statistical Process Control (SPC) data pertaining to Pass/Fail and measurement distributions. The system records all of the captured measurements to log files, easily extractable for remote data processing or as supporting documentation for the customer
- Ring Production Attachment- This optional attachment is designed to produce large diameter rings on your existing Torin spring coiler. For example, an FZ 115 size ring attachment can produce rings ø15”+, depending on springback of the material and shape of the ring
- Forming Attachments- Such as end formers and spinners
- Quill Style Tooling- To enable more complex wire forming
- Length Gauge Interface- For customer supplied length gauge such as a Larson or Moyer for on the fly, automatic adjustment of free length.
- Torsion (5th) Axis- Servo controlled torsion axis provides the capability to feed straight lengths of wire for the creation of torsion legs or magazine springs, or other wire forms. Includes torsion tool holders and a complete set of torsion tooling
- Lateral Coiling Point (6th Axis)- Servo control provides lateral movement of the coiling point motion (in & out of machine face) for on the fly control of initial tension and the production of complex wire forms
- Retractable Bending Arbor- Provides a bending anvil for use with lateral coiling point when performing more complex bends such as extension spring ends
- Laser Torsion Probe- The laser probe provides precise feedback of spring geometry to the FZ control system, enabling the spring maker to control critical dimensions such as the angular clocking of torsion legs and extension hooks
- Part Handling Devices- Such as dump troughs, conveyor belts, ejection devices
- Wire Straighteners- High quality 2 plane wire straightener that eliminates cast in the wire resulting in higher quality springs
- Customer Configurable Programmable Inputs/Outputs- enables the connection of secondary inline equipment
- End of Wire Sensor- This sensor signals the operator when the wire has run out, or will shut the machine down for lights out production
- Tool Breakage Sensor- In the unlikely event that a tool breaks, or something malfunctions in the set up, this sensor will stop the machine, preventing further damage
FENN is in the business of creating customized solutions for a wide variety of applications. Past examples include:
- Constant force machines customized for each client for the production of constant force springs
- Left hand configurations for belting springs and other special applications
- Integration of wire shaping equipment prior to the coiler allows you to go from round wire to shaped wire springs
- FENN’s machines come standard with Torin single point tooling, however other tooling approaches such a dual point are available.
Contact us today to learn more about how FENN can develop a solution to meet your requirements.
RETROFIT PROGRAM FOR W SERIES MECHANICAL COILERS
FENN’s Electrical Retrofit program provides unmatched value: our highly knowledgeable, experienced engineers and factory technicians enable FENN to deliver retrofitted equipment at a fraction of the cost of a new machine. Let us help you maximize the potential and output of your mechanical Torin Spring coiler with our CNC technology, all backed by our 1 year retrofit warranty! See our Electrical & Control Retrofit Brochure.
Z SERIES & CNC CONTROL UPGRADES
Control Upgrades are also available for older Torin servo controlled coilers. Give your machine a complete control upgrade including Torin software with the latest FZ Series features. With this package, eliminate the risk of relying on obsolete components. For more information, please see our Electrical & Control Retrofit & Brochure.
DEPENDABLE SERVICE & TRAINING
- Telephone support paired with new remote support capabilities are included with every machine to help minimize downtime
- Ensure full utilization of all Torin’s features and efficiencies with our operator training at your facility or ours in Connecticut, USA
- PM program available- ask for details!
|FZ 100||FZ 10||FZ 11||FZ 115||FZ 12||FZ 125||FZ 23||FZ 24||FZ 25|
|Wire Diameter (in)||003-.015||.008-.028||015-.080||.032-.135||.047-.177||080-.275||.125-.375||.160-.625||.375-.750|
|Wire Diameter (mm)||.076-.38||.20-.70||.40-2.0||.80-3.5||1.2-4.5||2.0-7.0||3.2-9.5||4.0-16||9.5-19|
|Wire Diameter Torsion (in)||.003-.015||.008-.028||.015-.080||.032-.135||.047-.177||.080-.250||.125-.325||.160-.440||.375-.500|
|Wire Diameter Torsion (mm)||.08-.38||.20-.70||.40-2.0||.80-3.5||1.2-4.5||2.0-6.4||3.2-8.3||4.0-11.2||9.5-12.7|
|Spring Body Max (in)||.281||.875||1.75||2.25||3.25||4.25||5||6||10|
|Spring Body Max (mm)||7.1||22||44||57||83||108||127||152||254|
TORIN'S NEW ELECTRICAL RETROFIT PROGRAM FOR YOUR MECHANICAL SPRING COILER
Now you can benefit from maximized potential and output with our CNC technology for a fraction of the cost of a new machine. By retrofitting your mechanical Torin Spring Coiler, you can increase your machine’s capabilities with high quality OEM parts to keep your Torin machine running at optimum performance. Trust the experts at Torin to provide a robust solution built to last as long as our machines do! Learn more about the benefits of an electrical retrofit for your Torin machine by clicking below:
TORIN FZ SERIES SPRING COILER: MANY SPRINGS, ONE MACHINE. FAST. ACCURATE.
FZ11 HIGH SPEED RING PRODUCTION- 50,000 PARTS PER HOUR
SEE OUR FZ10 SPRING COILER IN ACTION
FENN TORIN SIX AXES DEFINED
In 2009 we decided to purchase our first ‘Z’ CNC Coiler. The efficiencies gained by reduced setup time, increased throughput, and significantly reduced scrap rate while holding extremely tight tolerances was immediately realized through a complete statistical analysis. The machine paid for itself within months. Success with our first Torin ‘Z’ CNC led Springfield Spring to purchase another ‘Z’ CNC coiler, followed by three more of the latest model, the Torin FZ Series. Our five newest Torin spring coilers replaced all of our mechanicals, freeing up substantial space for new business endeavors. Fenn not only produces a top-notch machine but their sales, service, applications, and technical professionals are second to none. Fenn acts and responds like a business partner, not your traditional machine ‘dealer’.
Trusted Fenn for Decades
Ulbrich has trusted Fenn wire flattening and shaping lines for several decades to produce the highest quality shaped and flatwire available. Fenn's experienced staff has provided the process knowledge required to select, design and build machines to suit specific applications. Fenn machinery has always proven very reliable, consistently satisfying our critical tolerances and specifications. At Ulbrich, we pride ourselves on offerings superior products for over 90 years, and trust Fenn machinery to get the job done.
High Quality Machines & Excellent Service
We use FENN as the supplier of Wire Flattening & Shaping Line for our wedge wire (Screen Wire) production because of their experience in producing similar equipment and their top notch reputation in the industry. FENN’s engineers and metallurgy experts worked closely with our team in all aspects of the project – from examining and understanding our material specifications to machine design, trial run at their works prior to shipment, and finally Start Up, Commissioning & Training of our operators at our factory in India. We are very pleased that FENN ensured that all of our requirements were met, and that the machine functioned with precision, quality and reliability. I would highly recommend FENN for any company looking for a high quality machine supported by excellent customer service and metal forming process expertise.